Re: Fretless guitar built - ripped off the frets...

Guys and gals if you really want sustain out the wazooooo then look into
polycarbonates they also
posess the ability to transfer electricity fairly well and are super
slippery.  Fish Bone, Graph
Tech, RMC and LR Baggs, Rick Turners innovations, etc.  When it comes to
sustain I recommend you
find the strongest maple neck you can, preferably with graphite
reinforcement.  Notes just jump
off that neck.  The less movement in the neck and headstock the more tone
in general you will have
as to less energy will be absorbed.  Im experimenting with woods that are
very difficult to obtain
and most are extremely expensive even if you do find them?  Pink Ivory,
Osage Orange aka: bois de
arco, Brazilian Ebony, Iroko, Ipe'.  Now im working on reducing weight
without sacrificing tone in
the new prototypes.
"The field of metallurgy is also an ever changing continually evolving
medium"  Cannot wait for
more black operative ha ha alien technology to surface for the luthiery
field.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.