Re: AW: OT: Check out the Robot Guitar!

> > Leave it to Gibson to waste their time on useless
> innovation. Who can't
> tune a guitar? Certainly nobody you would want
> > to listen to.

Well,Jimmy Page uses a similar system that doesnt mean
he canīt tune a guitar;-)
I saw Michael Hedges once and it was mind blowing
seeing not only his performance but how quickly he
changed complex tunings he must have probably changed
between 10 of them,without a tuner or sheet to keep
track of them and replacing broken strings perfectly
within sets while still entertaining and joking with
the audience.This requires lots of experience and a
perfect ear offcourse.But i bet that if this system
had been around for acoustic(which i am sure is
coming) he would have still embraced it.
When i ocasionally do solo acoustic gigs i do a few
open tunings as well and i only take one guitar most
of the time but it does take me time to tune up fast
between tunings and in perfect pitch specially at loud
bars,so i still keep a tuner and this is where a
system for acoustic like this would certainly come in
handy!
Luis

--- Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill
<rs@moinlabs.de> wrote:

> I really can see the reason to quickly change
> between different tunings at
> the flip of a switch mid-tune. Looper Michael
> Manring does this a lot, using
> hipshot bridges. So that's not really
> innovative...and it seems it doesn't
> work for that application, either.