Live Looping signal chain

> 1.  When you guys do live looping on stage, where in the
> signal chain do you place your looper?  I have a JamMan and
> am wanting to incorporate it.
>
> 2. For those of you that use 2 loopers, do you use a AB
> switch and put the loopers on different paths or do you keep
> them on the same signal route?

Hi Daniel,

first, let me ask: Digitech or Lexicon Jamman?

Then, the answers are three parts each, namely because there are setups A,
and C.

A: computer-based (Ableton Live as host and kinda-MIDI-looper, Mobius as
looper)
B: big hardware setup (Repeater, D2, Eclipse, Korg KP2 and DL4 connected to
a mixer)
C: small hardware setup (including DD20, SMM w/Hazari and Korg KP3,
although
I think about throwing out both).

1. I'm a firm believer in the concept that effects should be possible both
before and after the looper. Hence:
A: the two Mobius returns have access to all effect sends, as well as
having
track inserts each (DJ EQ, Compressor, MadShifta). Of course, every effect
can be sent to the looper as well, for send effects I can also only loop
the
dry signal (or only the effect signal)...
B: Repeater, DL4 and KP2 come in on main channels of the mixer, thus can be
sent anywhere. Some of the other effects sometimes used as loopers
(Eclipse,
D2) are on aux returns, so I cannot effect or "reloop" them with full
flexibility.
C: It's instrument->Zoom G2.1u->Boss DD20->EH SMM w/Hazari->KP3->Mains. The
Zoom is a multi-effect, the KP3 has some looping capabilities, as well as
effects (which are placed post-looper), so you have effects both before and
after any looper. As I said, both the EH and the Korg are on the "to be
dropped" list to minimize complexity, so this may turn into a effects
before
looper situation.

2.