RE: Recent Listening...(not easily pigeonholed)

At 1:05 PM +0000 1/9/08, Goddard, Duncan wrote:

>btw (mech, anyone), are telefon tel aviv anything to do with tuxedomoon?

Heh!  I'm guessing that you caught that they were next to Blaine
Reininger's "Night Air" on my list?  :)

Unfortunately, Telefon Tel Aviv have nothing to do with Tuxedomoon
(that I'm aware of, at least).  Telefon Tel Aviv is a duo
specializing mostly in lush, glitchy music  -- much in the same vein
as the BT releases that kinda started this thread.  Like BT, they get
a lot of 'bread and butter' work submitting remixes of other artists
work.

They have a couple albums of their own over on Chicago's Hefty
Records label.  Both "Fahrenheit Fair Enough" and "Map of What is
Effortless" are well worth giving a listen.  The Remix disc I've been
listening to gathers a lot of that remix work that they've done for
acts like Nine Inch Nails and Bebel Gilberto.  As with most good
remixes, the new versions more resemble the remixer than the original
group.

BTW if you're interested in Tuxedomoon, that track I was asking about
a couple of days ago was actually for a compilation of Tuxedomoon
covers put together by the members of the fan list at Yahoogroups.  I
was surprised to find there's actually quite a lot of good quality
material that came out of the submissions for it.  You can get more
info (plus some sound snippets) at: http://www.tuxedomooning.com

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."