help out the newbie

hello all,

first post here, long time LD-reader. After years of getting away from the guitar i rediscovered my love for the instrument. As i have a new laptop i was wondering how to loop with it. My only (happy) looping experience is the line6 and shortly a repeater. What do i want, well something like this in software, some fx (vst,...). The computer runs vista.

1) audio interface (2in-2out), nothing to fancy(line6,behringer,m-audio,...)what about latency?
2) software (mobius, vst host,.......)?
3) controller?

Planning to use my acoustic through a boss me50 for tonal shaping,basic sculpting of the sound, the pc for looping mission control, advanced home entertainment.

thank you,
the belgium connection,

jeroen