My Fav Plugins For Looping (was: LEXICON PSP 84: opinions ?)

On Jan 8, 2008 4:40 PM, e t e r o g e n e o <info@eterogeneo.com> wrote:
> Thanx Per, also Todd answer to my question, but not so deeply as you made
> ;-)
> It will be nice can listren to some samples of the effects your are
>talking
> about.
> If you have time, post it, but please remeber that this night i will
>have a
> trip to Venice (for my legal job, not for music.... unfortunatly) and
>i'll
> stay out of my PC till next monday.
> So leave it on the server for a while (i'll let you know when i'll
>download
> it) or upload it further.
> Thanks again !
>
> Best
> fabio

Ok, have a nice trip to Venice! I recorded a quick tour through my
Favorite VST Plugins For Looping. I thought it should not be very long
but it ended up in a 20 min mp3 even though I rushed through my 16 VST
effect patches.

Here's the audio clip for listening.
http://www.looproom.com/audio/pboys_fav_vst_plugins.mp3

And here's the same information in text, pasted from my text based backup:

(all plugins cabled up in Plogue Bidule before the Mobius VST looper)

Main Input:
Sonalkis SV-517 EQ (thinning out bass to make room in the frequency
spectrum for layering loops)

Splitting signal into 16 alternative Sound Patch paths:

--> SOUND PATCH LEVEL
Patch 1:
PSP608MD (plate reverb)

Patch 2:
PSP608MD (plate reverb)
Discord2 (harmonizer adding -12 and -5)

Patch 3:
PSP608MD (plate reverb)
Discord2 (harmonizer adding -5 and +5, Harmonizer's Feedback affected
to input level by en Envelope Follower Bidule module)

Patch 4:
Ronin

Patch 5:
Ronin
Pluggo Speed Shifter, by JHNO (preset: Crystalline)

Patch 6:
Discord2

Patch 7:
PSP Nitro
Pluggo Raindrops

Patch 8:
PSP84 (Rain Forrest)

Patch 9:
PSP Nitro

Patch 10:
PSP Nitro
Pluggo Feedback Network

Patch 11:
OhmForce Hematohm (ring modulator)
PSP608MD (plate reverb)

Patch 12:
Ronin
OhmForce Mobilohm

Patch 13:
AmpliTube 2 Jimi Hendrix (wha)

Patch 14:
AmpliTube 2 Jimi Hendrix (Octa-V)

Patch 15:
AmpliTube 2 Jimi Hendrix (Octa-V)

Patch 16:
1st Signal Split: A going directly to tb_cairo, B going as below:
Pitch-Shifter (+5. Available for free at www.braindoc.de)
PSP608MD (plate reverb)
2nd Signal Split: A going directly to output. B going as below:
OhmForce Ohmboys (filtered delay with no direct signal let through)
tb_cairo

--> GLOBAL LEVEL:
Mobiius VST looper software (Looper Input receiving all 16 Sound Patch
paths, although only one is active at a given moment)

Sonalkis SV-517 EQ (cutting out bass under 40 Hz)
Sonalkis SV-315 Compressor (balancing live playing dynamics against
loopers dynamics for an "alive" sound)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen