Re: OT IN EAR MONITORS

I've worked with in ear monitors a fair bit. I like the shure e4 models, I haven't gone wireless because as Per noted already with the pedal boards etc. you're pretty much restricted to stay in one place. There are Big pluses to using in ear monitors, being that you can hear yourself better and you can keep those levels way down so not blowing out your ears in the process.

The biggest disadvantage is that you can't hear people unless they are speaking into a mic that's tied into what you're monitoring. I do know one guy who for that reason uses a mono monitor in only one ear.

happy new year,

Paul Haslem
www.dulcify.ca