Mackie Onyx 1620

Hi, all:

I have a Onyx 1220 w/the Firewire option (that I actually got for free--a great deal). The pre's onboard are terrific. The overall sound quality is awesome-at least to me. I've used the Tracktion software  with the board and it is pretty wasy to use. I don't know about latency with a long firewire run but one ding I can give the mixer is the added expense for getting direct out capability. You have to get DB25-1/4" or XLR snakes to get directs out. They go for $50 each for a short run.

I've been using the Alt3-4 routing to get a signal to my looper from the mixer which is adequate.

Regards, Paul