Re: OT - acoustic pickups, etc

Well, I'd say it's decent for that, not outstanding. It's really made to
try to cover a lot of bases, from classical playing (has a nice neck,
not flat like a shredder's axe) to folk, so it doesn't have such a
distinctive flamenco sound out of the box. I use La Bella strings (red
tops) which help give it a good brightness, the bass sound isn't as
snappy as a really nice acoustic flamenco with pegs and everything, but
I think you'd be happy with it for a live situation.

(Here's 50 seconds of me playing it rumba-style through a PA -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJUtuCtXraY ).

However, one of the reasons I brought it up here is that /golpes/ don't
come through the onboard pickup very well, hence I'm looking for a
second sound capture source to help with that.

Hope this helps!

Mine is an older model, before they added the onboard tuner, that's a
great addition.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com