The Absurd Advent Calendar

A band that I love to play with is my friend Michael Frank's The Absurd. (For the CT folks among us: MF was featured with a piece on the CT-Great Speeches project.)

The Absurd's website http://www.theabsurd.de consists mostly of advent calendars, each one styled very differently, starting in the year 2000 - the new 2007 advent calendar has just been completed so there are now eight calendars to browse (the 2007 calendar can only be opened starting from December 1st, day by day, of course).

Each of the calendars has 24 doors, and each of the doors leads to images and mp3s from The Absurd's band history and current activities. As this band already looks back to more than 20 years of history, there is lots and lots of stuff to listen to - and the new calendar even features videos, I have heard. :-)

If you love avantgarde rock music, improvisation, and experiments, please visit this page, and especially keep visiting the current calendar till the Dec 24 finale. Yes, this calendar also features some of my own stuff. Yes, it features some looping here and there, but much more than that.

Michael

The Absurd Person Singular...
The Absurd Person Plural

Welcome to a new edition of The Absurd Advent Calendar. Its title was obviously inspired by Alan Ayckbourne's play "Absurd Person Singular". Check it out.
This year the calendar presents to you various members of The Absurd as soloists - performances recorded within the framework of The Absurd or as part of individual solo projects.
Apart from featuring the considerable talents of the singers and players this calendars serves as a reminder of how much fun it is to play and interact with with friends in a band. A heartfelt thank you to everybody who has contributed sights and sounds to this calendar. Praise of the highest order to the tireless Martin Ziegler (web organ) and the unbelievable Vera P. Zielke (calendar drawing).

Enjoy, Michael Frank

look 'n listen at http://www.theabsurd.de