Re: Burned by Oberheim EDP... switching to Mobius?

Sounds like you are sold on going the computer path, but there are other rack mount loopers other than the EDP that support MIDI sync.

If you do go the computer path then I highly recommend dedicating a computer solely to that purpose.  This will allow you to strip the computer of all annoying add-on packages that tend to make computers unstable.  The less that is installed on the computer the more reliable it will be.  In fact, if you get a stable configuration.  I would avoid automatic upgrade managers.  I also wouldn't use it on the network.  Installing anti-virus software can be one of the worst things that you do to a computer.

I'd actually like to see Linux used more heavily in audio systems.  There is so much unnecessary garbage in Windows.

Bob Amstadt