Re: Burned by Oberheim EDP... Todd Green having problems too

It's one of these every time he tries to get these things going there's
another problem.  We had purchased a few of them to try to set up a
stereo setup for his studio at least.  He figured he'd just keep using
the jamman units in performance since he's used to them and they are
simpler to use in many ways for what he's doing.

But the thought of getting nicer quality stereo was appealing and we
started under the assumption that this could be done from what we were
being told.  Right now he calls me this AM telling me that brother sync
isn't sync'ing and he's gone through the manuals and fiddled away his
time trying to get it to sync right and it's not happening.  He is using
a stereo cable for the sync.

But further he said every time he hits overdub or whatever to end a loop
it installs a nice "pop" that is absolutely unacceptable in the loop at
that location.  If he punches out on the 5th beat...there it is sown in
at that point etc.

Anybody dealt with this problem off the top?  I've had so little time
with all the other stuff going on I haven't even started to delve into
building the "Ideal looper" or whatever which some petty people thought
it necessary to harang about the word useage on :-).  Obviously I'm
meaning 'ideal' or 'optimal' or whatever I said in the context of a
working musician who wants the essential features expressed to be in
place.  If that's not someone elses idea of 'ultimate' then GREAT!  Make
your own ultimate looper and keep off my lawn! :-)  That was it..I think
I said 'ultimate'.  The idea was to integrate every idea that anyone can
think of that has practical value for a performing musician at this
point in history, into a package that is easy to hook up and use, small,
and has easy upgrade options.

That's all.  And I wish I had time to pursue the project but I've been
getting too many weird jobs thrown at me in my regular work and it's
been like the lousiest scenario possible for the last year here it seems
in that way.  On the other hand I did finish the studio upgrades here
and I'm back on track starting to generate the songs I want to do again.

Meanwhile if anyone has any tips on the EDP we might be able to get todd
going that way or we might have to scrap the whole idea and do something
else to accomplish that end.   --Bob