Re: very special floor-based looper

Travis Hartnett wrote:
> How much did it cost to put together that computer system?

Oh sorry, I may've put it in a wrong fashion. I don't have this; was
merely replying to the comments of having to set up, connect et al..
I've been giving this quite some thoughts, though.

The touch screen carries some price penalty. A friend of mine bought one
some two years ago for his home cinema system (Windblows Mediacenter),
and it wasn't inexpensive. Dunno about prices today.
A mobo for an embedded system can be had decently. Boxing it don't have
to have good looks, if mounted in a rig.
The MacIntel Mini I've considered may beef up the price, but will allow
running MainStage without having to hazzle with Linux.  No pun intended,
it's just that with 11+ years with it, I'd prefer not having to deal
with getting VST's and soundfonts (for synth/organs) et al.. working.

A touchpanel isn't needed to run it, but IMHO desirable when touring; I
certainly wouldn't wan't to be stranded backstage before playing asking
"got a problem; anyone have a monitor, keyboard and mouse?" :-D

Anyways, so far I only have the guitar gear and two FCB1010's, which is
why I've been asking Q's about HW and SW loopers ;)

--
rgds,
van Sinn