Re: Need time sync explained

On Nov 2, 2007, at 19:29, van Sinn wrote:

> I may go for a HW looper, but drift more'n'more towards a SW
> solution on a labmactop, probably as a pluging, to integrate with
> Logic's MainStage.
>
> So, how to sync?  sensors on the drum kit into.. something
> generating MIDI sync info?

My advice is to sync manually by either tempo tapping a pedal or
using a pedal button that restarts all loops instantly. I give this
advice because a "restart/trigger all loops" kick button works better
for me compared to other methods I have used with Electrixpro
Repeater, Gibson Echoplex, Ableton Live and Mobius.

I too like MainStage a lot, but I still use Logic for looping virtual
MIDI instruments. I make this choice because I like using some
functions I have built in the Environment, like different arpeggio
lines and a tuned/intelligent chord creator (the Chord Memorizer
object, for those who know Logic). However, If I should have been
playing guitar only, I would go with MainStage right away.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)