How to simulate a piano sustain pedal with a midi controller like FCB1010 or FC-300

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a midi foot controller. Does anyone if it's possible to simulate a piano sustain pedal to control synths? Searching the net resulted in information that it was only possible to program 2 pedals instead of 1 on for example the FCB1010.......

Pedal 1 => midi controle message 64 with value between 64-127 => ON
Pedal 2 => midi controle message 64 with value between 0-63 => OFF

What I would like to have is 1 pedal:
* pressing it => sustain ON
* releasing it => OFF

I also found some info on customized EPROM's for the FCB1010 from Belgium expanding the feature set of the FCB1010. Does anyone know if it's worth buying it?

Does anyone know the main differences  or plus/minus between the FCB1010 and the Roland FC-300. Btw: price is less important, I'm looking for a good and well working midi controller. So other suggestions are welcome :)

Sjaak