From: kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com [mailto:kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:24 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Y2K7 - thanks to Rick and the performers!

Hello to all...

Just want to add my thanks to Rick and everyone for organizing the
Y2K7 Live Looping festival.

This being my first looping festival, I was curious about two solid
days of looped music -- would it become tiring -- would everything
start to sound the same, etc etc.  And after nearly 2 1/2 days of
looping, I didn't want it to end!

Though we were all looping, every set was unique.  The looping medium
is not limited to a narrow genre and the offerings ranged from
rhythmic to arhythmic, tonal to atonal, pop, jazz, rock, neo-classic,
ethnic -- electronic and acoustic instruments, instruments that are
blown, plucked, struck, bowed, and a couple of theremins that aren't
touched at all.  The variety of hardware was also in evidence as the
artists used laptops, rackmount, and foot-controlled devices to create
loops.

The sense of community was extraordinary and to express the community
aspect in writing is hard to do.  Much of the credit for this goes to
Rick and the festival organizers who went out of their way to make
EVERYONE feel welcome and valued.  I am still on a real "high" from
the experience.

I left the festival with many new friends, new knowledge, inspiration,
and gratitude.  Can't wait for next year's festival!

Sincerely,

Kevin Kissinger
http://kevinkissinger.com