Re: Ending actions by Record in Mobius (Re: Following Acoustic Musicians with Looper)

On 5 okt 2007, at 19.02, Jeff Larson wrote:

>> My problems are when ending an action with REcord on the master
>> track.
>
>> Since I use the setting "Sync = Out" for setting the tempo by the
>> first loop I have to do the  destructive cuts on the master track
>> to get the synced plug-ins instantly pick up the new tempo.
>
> What are the artifacts, are they audio artifacts in the Mobius loop or
> is it that the sync being sent to the plugins is wrong so the plugins
> don't respond to the tempo change accurately?

Hm... I think it is mostly about latency compensating. Sometimes
audio drops out from the loop after doing Overdub.

>> When applied to the slaved tracks, of Mobius, I have no problem to go
>
>> Multiply-Record or Record-Record. But that's a different thing than
>> this thread was about.
>
> It's the same if you don't need to sync effects.  Then you just leave
> sync off and you won't have these artifacts.  The hardware equivalent
> of Mobius in Bidule generating output sync for VST effects would be
> an EDP with MIDI out connected to an Eclipse or some unit that can
> tempo-sync effects.  In that setup the EDP is certainly more stable.
> But if you're not tempo-syncing effects then they would be about
> the same.  Am I misunderstanding?

I'm tempo syncing lots of software effects. Sometimes outboards too,
by MDI Clock out.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)