Re: Following Acoustic Musicians with Looper

I have been experimenting with this. I used a cheap dance mat from a
playstation as a midi controller that triggered samples. I tap my
foot / heel on the floor anyway when i play so it wasn't a big deal
creating a little "tap technique". Tap one of every 4 trigs the loop.
After a while I didn't even notice it was there, hitting a pedal I
found a little uncomfortable.  I tried mapping the tap tempo button
in Ableton to the mat but while i was able to control speed, it
inevitably drifted. I may try

It would be great if there existed an "midi clock intelligent tap
tempo" in ableton or a looper. Perhaps there does? Anyone know? Is
there a software one available? I wonder if this could do it

http://www.circular-logic.com/products.html

dance mat - >in-time midi software -> Ableton midi clock sync

This would stop drift. Very simple idea, one taps 4 beats and the
sequencer or looper counts so that tap 1, 5 , 9 etc signal the
beginning of the bar in 4/4.  obviously only useful for keeping in
time with other musicians with small tempo fluctuations, bit changes
would never really work unless they were pretty gradual.

This feature should be in Ableton, shame it isn't there.