Re: Logic studio new version

Paul Mimlitsch wrote:
> Anybody using this upgrade?  Thoughts, especially in reference to "Main
> Stage" as a live performance tool?

I've spent the past week setting up Mainstage for a live performance in
a couple weeks. So far, so good. You can use Logic's softsynths without
having to have Logic running, and, though I have no evidence for this,
I'm guessing that Mainstage might be more stable for live work. Augustus
Loop seems to work ok with it, though I haven't done extensive testing.

One of the best things about Mainstage is that it lets you easily set up
thick, expressive layers of softsynths. One of the worst things is that
it lets you easily set up thick, expressive layers of softsynths that
bring your laptop to its knees. A five-instance layer of Absynth 4 seems
to be a bit too much for my 2GHz Macbook. On the other hand, using
simpler softsynths to build Jon Hassel-esque parallel-harmony patches
seems to work well.

I can post more after my next live gig, if anything interesting and/or
terrifying happens.

Brian