Y2K7 WEBSITE

Hi everybody,

Rick Walker here with an apology about the lateness of date in getting
info about the Y2K7 International Live Looping Festival

I just wanted to let everyone know that because of several events outside
of
my control
I'm getting a much later start on the final scheduling for the Y2K7
Looping
Festival
than I intended.

Thank goodness, due to the keen advice from Per Boysen and my wife about
how
to make this years' (and subsequent) festivals much less stressful and
also
with  intense help
from Chris Cohn (Samba) and his partner,  Gretchen McPherson who helped us
secure a modest grant the festival is well organized on all fronts and all
that remains is
the final scheduling (which will be finished by this weekend) and the
publicity.

Also, I want to mention a tremendous amount of help from Kris Hartung who
is
webmastering
the website which is up now  at  www.y2kloopfest.com   and Chris Roberts
(aka CPR)  who
is our webhoster.    Ted Killian also made the slammin' poster with a
piece
of artwork that I
fabricated (as Per Boysen would so fondly say........lol)

I've also had more support this year than ever from private and public
donors so I am able to
bring more artists from far away.

The great news is that this will be the biggest festival in years and
there
are a ton of new faces who will
be appearing (and , sadly,  a few regular faces that won't be).

The festival will last three nights and two days from Friday, "October
19th
through Sunday, October 21st
(with the loopers brunch on Monday, Oct. 22nd)

Our headliners will be:

The great ECM bassist, Arild Andersen will be coming from Norway.

The wonderful guitarist/electronics new musician Erdem Havicioglu will be
coming from Turkey to perform.

Leander Reininghaus, the German guitarist who was also responsible for the
1st Berlin Live Looping Festival
will be performing

Fabio Anile, the sublimely beautiful ambient keyboardist will also be
headlining from Italy.

Our special guest artist will be one of the live loopers who has been
using
this medium as long
as anyone I know in the field,  the inimitable New Guitarist,   Henry
Kaiser.

Our Featured Performers will be:

Randolf Arriola  will be coming all the way from Singapore to perform.

Dan Mayfield wll bring his beautiful multi-instrumental singer songwriter
material from England.

Richard Sales will be coming from Canada.

Konrad Kuchenmeister will be coming from Germany

and we will have a special treat,   a return of last year's headliner,
Per
Boysen from Sweden.

Add to that,  returns by festival favorites  Bill Walker,  LOOP STATION!,
Genie, Carl Weinberg, Barry Cleveland,  Gary Regina,
Michael Klobuchar and a cast of dozens...........it's going to rock and
roll!!!!!!!

DETAILS in a few days at WWW.Y2KLOOPFEST.COM

Thanks for your patience.