Re: AW: Quasi Digital/Analog Modular Looper?

On 19 sep 2007, at 23.33, The woodshed wrote:

> Does any looper have the following function?
>
> 1. Performer freely records a loop, it happens to consist of a
> sequence five beats long.
> 2. Performer somehow inputs "5" into  the looper, perhaps taps a
> defined foot switch 5 times  etc)
> 3. Looper then divides the sampled  recording (loop) into 5 equal
> parts ,does the math and then generates a quantize function so that
> the next loop will sync in eight or 16th notes (quarter, 8th or
> 16th preset by the performer). This will allow 15/16 over 3/4 for
> example
> This means that loops could be quantised to a common unit with out
> the need for playing to a metronome.

Right form the top of my head now, this would be possible with
- Gibson Echoplex
- Ableton Live (+ a computer + an audio interface)
- Mobius  (+ a computer + an audio interface)

I'm not sure about the Looperlative, but someone might chime in on
that one.

But please remember that "bars" is a relative measure in the looping
world. A looping device don't know about "bars", it only about loop
length and mathematical divisions or multiples of this loop length.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)