Re: WAS: Who uses looping in their promo material? NOW:Prerecordedmaterial

> On 18 sep 2007, at 07.27, Krispen Hartung wrote:
>
>> At one point in the interview, he claimed that he thought there  wasn't
>> anything that he couldn't do on the guitar. Clueless. I'm  happy to say
>> that I've long since forgotten all those Malmsteen  runs, and that I'd
>> just like to see half of these shreaders try  what they do on a totally
>> clean sound, with no massive gain or  distortation  to back them up
>

> I think your comment, above, lacks the same kind of musical
>understanding
> that is lacking those "shredders"; the misbelief that  it is about *the
> playing* when the real thing actually is about *the  music*.

Well, I do understand, Per, which is why I feel I can poke fun at the whole
genre and approach (what I'm doing) - I lived and breathed the life of a
shreader at
one point in time.  It's not about understanding, rather my right and
ability
to have an opinion on the approach 20 year later. It's all music. I'm just
stying I thought Malmsteen's attitude sucked in the interview and he came
across as pompous, and that having played like that, I can say it is a lot
harder to do with
a clean sound. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that I don't understand
the
music
just because I don't like Malmsteen's attitude, or that I don't place the
same value
that I did 20 years ago on playing fast runs and scales with high gain.
That is
my own prerogative and personal expression.

Sorry to bash your Swedish friend. Perhaps I should have picked on Gilbert
or Macalpine. :)

Kris