Re: WAS: Who uses looping in their promo material? NOW:Prerecordedmaterial

On 18 sep 2007, at 04.37, L.A. Angulo wrote:

> But take Beck for example... he was bombarded at one
> point for being on the cover of Guitar player
> magazine,people were writtng saying how can you put
> somebody that cant play guitar on the GP cover,i think
> his way of playing and composing is more creative and
> just as difficult if not more as somebody playing
> plain guitar gymnastics.This is something that got
> sort of missunderstood in the rock n roll world with a
> lot of the shreder bands in the 80s,it started turning
> into weight lifting sports arena and the innocence of
> rock n roll started getting lost...
> Luis

If you're talking about Beck Hansen I totally agree! I love his
musical sense of humor. And I think he uses guitar in a cool way, no
matter if he plays it by his own fingers or samples blues artist's
recordings.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)