Re: Jazz tone...transition to fusion tone and amp sim

Okay, enough of the jazz tone for a while. One good test of an amp sim, in
my opinion, is how it sounds with distortion and high gain. Most all VST
amp
sims I've used are very harsh and unnatural sounding.

So, I have created another test sound clip, again, plugging my mini guitar
directly into my laptop's standard sound card, into max/msp, and with the
Boogex VST amp sim with some delay and reverb. This is a little fusion
feel
clip (ala guys like Terje Rypdal, Gary Moore, Holdsworth and the like).
Also
included is some Native Instruments "Krypt" percussion and looping of a
basic backdrop for featuring the tone of the amp sim on guitar.

Check it out...comments welcome (not on the clips itself, as I was just
messing around, but the tone of the guitar.

Stream: http://www.box.net/shared/ionjjm3ngh
Download: http://www.box.net/shared/static/ionjjm3ngh.mp3

Again, I ask the same question as before, based on my option that this
tone
"ain't half bad", that how this might sound with a really good interface
like a Fireface 400, and perhaps even a standard sized guitar.

Kris