RE: re;OT favorite mastering chain

As far as mastering goes: Has anyone tried to use the DSD as a format for
mastering? I explain: I am currently looking around for a stereo master
recorder, and I am currently reading the manuals and searching info on two
machines: the Korg mr1000 (which is a portable dsd hard disk recorder with
couple of mic pres and phantom power integrated - the fact that it can be
also as a field recorder at the dsd quality or at up to 24bit 192khz
powered
from AA batteries is a plus for me, since lately I am working with
classical
music players and am recording all the rehearsals in the various
auditoriums
and theatres we play) and the Tascam DVRA1000HD which is a similar machine,
minus the mic pres, the phantom and the portability (only powers with
mains).
Has anyone tried those? I have tried the Tascam DVRA1000 (which is the same
machine as the dvra1000hd minus the hard disk) and I find a great quality,
but problems with the dvd-r support compatibility, the hdd one should have
no such problems but costs almost twice the Korg Mr1000...

As far as mastering goes, it depends on the kind of sound I want to
obtain...
Usually I work with software, and in the end I too use:
a parametric EQ
then the signal goes in a multiband compressor
Then a limiter (just to tame some peaks... I like my mixes to sound
dynamical, since I am working with classical material (violins, quartets,
grand pianos, lutes etc...)
When I work on my looping pieces I usually put last in chain an old
behringer magician that I have modified (This is the one with 8 ins and 8
outs and 8 valves in it and that basically filter the channels through
valves, to warm up the tone a bit, then if I have a free reel I record
everything through my old akai reel to reel recorder. Next I resample
everything on my pc to cut the cd...

Peace
Luigi