Re: (ON TOPIC) Severed Heads

On Aug 31, 2007, at 9:11 AM, <markfrancombe@gmail.com>
<markfrancombe@gmail.com> wrote:

>> how many are familiar with the group SEVERED HEADS from Australia?
>
> Certainly am!! AND have brought them up on ths very list as often
> as appropriate without seeming strange. They truly blew my mind
> back in the 80's and introduced me to the 8 track tape loop... The
> reason Im into Video synthesis is them, and rng modulators and
> modular synths

Excellent!

> (altho Tand Dream may have played a part)

Same here. Along with Cluster, Heldon,  and many others...

> Were they ever CD-sed??

Some were and others were not.

This site has not been updated in awhile, but it will likely answer
most of your questions. A LOT of info here!
http://www.severed-heads.co.uk/faq.html

> I only have them on vinyl...

Same here, including some of the VERY early and likely rare things
too.  THANKFULLY!

> does anyone know a torrent for them, would LOVE to have them on the
> EmptyPeeThreePlayer... stll hum the beginnng of one of their
> weirder loop pieces...
>
> BaDaddellAhhhDer...
> BBaDaddellAhhhDer ...BaDaddellAhhhDer...BaDaddellAhhhDer then it
> goes... Dee diddle dee dah      Dee diddle dee dah    Dee diddle
> dee dah

Har!

> fantastico!

Indeed....