No rules: no standards. No standards: crap.

Well then let's agree to disagree.  I feel the reason that LD works
is because we're all on board with the fact that the core of the
conversation somehow relates at least to music, if not looping.
There's tons of stuff I could fwd to this list, or bring up to this
list but I don't.  Kim didn't call this list, "Everything Delight"
He named it so that it could be identified so that people looking to
talk about this topic could find it here.

Again, there are many forums on the web.  If you want to start one
about books, have at it.  Readers-delight.  I see it now.  I might
even join (though I have little time for reading these days).

So, are we a smart, interesting group of people?  Hell yeah.  Was the
book thread interesting?  Probably.  However, if we don't reign it in
and stay on topic the list becomes diluted.  Too many people these
days, IMO, feel that it's OK to do anything anywhere.  People seem to
love bringing babies into movies these days.  Spiderman 3 had a
crying infant in it at 10pm.  People seem to love to ignore the no
food rule on the Bay area light rail and will eat full meals from KFC
spilling gravy and soda everywhere.  Children seem to be able to do
anything but brandish a loaded gun without getting so much as a dirty
look from a parent.

My point is there are places for infants to be entertained.  There
are places to eat food.  There are places for kids to run around all
crazy.  There are places to talk about looping.  There are places to
talk about books.

So I'm not judging the quality of the thread but it's quite obvious
that the intent of the creator of this list was to talk about making
music using looping devices or else they would have named it "general
interest delight"

No rules: no standards.  No standards: crap.  If you'd like this list
to become crap, then so be it.  I'll start forwarding every little
thing that interests me to the list.

Mark