RE: USB controller

This it true too ....

I should have said .. the easiest way to put together a custom USB device is to hack an existing one (I used an accountants keypad ... which is just the 0-9, numlock and a couple other keys) ... pull it apart .... solder some things on .... then write a program with DirectX or some other C USB library ..... and that's that.

> From: tjt@nosuch.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> CC: tilmann@dehnhard.com
> Subject: RE: anybody built a usb controller, yet?
> Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:18:48 -0700
>
> > i found this: http://www.lbodnar.dsl.pipex.com/joystick/
>
> That is a *really* nice device, thanks for the link!
>
> If anyone's interested in something cheaper (while still having at least 8
> switches),
> some USB game controllers are very easy to hack - here's an $8 one I've used
> -
> its circuit board is small and pretty easy to hack on (i.e. solder things in
> place
> of its original switches):
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FJQ1VS/103-9472172-2599046
>
> ...Tim...

Recharge--play some free games. Win cool prizes too! Play It!