Re: anybody built a usb controller, yet?

On 3 aug 2007, at 07.33, aaron leese wrote:

> Well ... if you go with midi you are stuck using a slower speed (31
> kBits/sec).... so I'm kinda a fan of not using midi for most USB
> devices.  Also, it's a bit harder to make it use MIDI.
>
> The simplest USB device just sends a quick array telling a PC what
> button(s) is currently pushed  .... to do this you need to write
> both the firmware for the microcontroller, and the response program
> that runs on the PC.

Or you can smack up an extra USB computer keyboard. Here's an article
on that:
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/08/02/get-loopy-with-the-diy-10-
ableton-footcontroller-no-soldering-required/

(thinking about Tilmanns adventurous Ukraine gig when posting this...
LOL )

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)