Decline of the record industry

Hi All

Personally I will not spend much time worrying about the overblown
record companies and the like crying about the end of the record market.

Its about time. The world changes all the time and the 'record
industry is only a recent event.'

Its seems that musicians(artists) will have to go back to
entertaining people. Which is what they are doing.
The number of live concerts and festivals seems to be greater than
ever this year.(in the UK ) Shame about the weather. More and more
artists are recording their own material and selling it direct to the
public.
The true artist will survive and improve. I class mixers djs, vjs and
anyone who manipulates or creates sound as a musical  artist

I used to earn more when busking than I do now.

-Just my 2c's -