Re: Experience with E-MU 1616 cardbus and XP/PC Notebook with MAX/MSP

In a message dated 6/28/2007 2:32:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, khartung@cableone.net writes:
Well, to give you an idea on the acceptability of max, nearly every tech support person  I talk to has never heard of MAX/MSP. The E-MU tech support guy  never heard of it and had to download the trial version to test it out. So it is questionable whether they even test their ASIO drivers on the app if they've never heard of it.

I'm sure you experienced good results with the E-MU. Are you using it on an Intel duo core system and XP? I am also beginning to suspect whether the Intel integrated high definition audio system has anything to do with the issues. The fact that it is not a driver but inside the chipset seems to bother me a bit.

Kris
I am super glad that Cycling and Ableton are now partners. As I said I KNOW the excellence of Cycling 74 ( they are as cutting edge as software developers get) but I am pretty certain they are more so Mac stable where as Ableton is more PC oriented.

I am currently using the 1820m on a 2.0 P4 single core and using the 1616m on a 2.0 P4 coreduo. No real problems outside the "normal" hard drive related PC/Mac "too much audio at one time" lock down. God, I'd love to get by that.

See what's free at AOL.com.