Re: MIDI Tuba

Sorry Richard,

The hex pickup you mention is an electric guitar pickup that depends
upon a metal string vibrating.  It won't work otherwise.  However, I
would suggest to Richard that he get a contact mic and feed it to a
pitch-to-MIDI converter.  I don't know what devices are out there these
days.  The Roland VP-70 from the '80s might work although it is meant
for voice input.  Considering the low register of a tuba, you might be
plagued by excessive conversion times.

Cheers,

Bill