Re: AW: AW: looking for looper that syncs to real drums

On 25 maj 2007, at 00.36, Doug Cox wrote:

> I think this is similar to what Per is saying, but I'd encourage
> you to learn how to "restart" your loops on the RC-50 and try that
> with your drummer.  So, if a loop starts to drift from where the
> drummer's beat is - *you* force a restart of the loop exactly on
> the "1".  If he's reasonably tight (sounds like he is), then he
> won't have drifted too far from the tempo caught in your loop, and
> everything will be good again for a while.

Good call, Doug! I remember Zürich Loopfest 2003 where Matthias
Loibner did that all the time to line up all his multiple Mobius/
laptop loops with the live drummer. The good old stutter trick ;-))
Makes good sense when using short loops.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)