Re: cheapest unit or way to sync to the EDP?

My friend has the new pedal version of the jamman by digitech, not the
original one. It doesn't have midi (although it does have a USB, I
think just usable for dumping saved loops onto a computer). I'll tell
him to look into Ableton. But are there any other older units with
midi syncing (like the original jamman?) that are decent and could be
found for relatively cheap these days?