Re: How to reduce the DAILY DIGEST to one post a day

Finally I understand why your posts don't stay within a thread but
regularly seem to start a new one even if in the middle of an ongoing
discussion: Because you don't use REPLY!

I actually consider hitting REPLY advantageous: a special (normally
invisible) mail header is retained that helps automatic threading
tools to maintain the relationship between posts (what is called
"threading", see the section "References" in http://cr.yp.to/immhf/
thread.html or section "9.2. A.2. Reply messages" in http://
www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2822/Output/chapter9.html).

I fully agree with the policy that previous posts should be quoted
only where needed and otherwise trimmed down. But please do use
REPLY: it makes following a discussion thread much easier. This
applies particularly to automatic threading tools.

By the same token: It's better NOT to use REPLY (just to copy the LD
posting address) when starting a new thread (otherwise the
conceptually new thread will technically appear as a response to some
other, unrelated thread).

Thanx
Bernhard