Re: Question about cotrolling EDP parameter presets with FCB1010 CAUTION LONG MAIL TO ANNOY RICK with even longer subject line! HA HA HA!! Antidisestablismentarianism

Dear Rithma
OK, Lets fix this programming the FCB1010 issue once and for all:
Its EASY OK... ?
First... what numbers do we wanna program for the EDP???
MIDI NOTE NUMBERS.
Which ones? (OK a little tricky)

HOW TO FIGURE THE NUMBERS OUT
Its the notes stated in the manual PLUS the number you have entered in Source# (Press Parameters 3 times and multiply once)
The reason for this "offset" number is a little obscure and esoteric and the reason why the default number is 36 is completely mystifying, however it is, it doesnt matter and it could be any number there.

So in the manual it says that RECORD is note number 2, SO.. if your offset number is 36, you need to program 38 into the footswitch on the FCB1010.

(I realise Rithma that you bought your EDP off someone in the street so prob dont have the manual, so I have pasted the numbers at the bottom of this mail)

Simple!!!

SO now to the footpedal!

First we set the global midi channel. Now this is where some people have some confusion. IT IS NOT TRUE that the FCB1010 can only send on one midi channel, but that EACH MIDI FUNCTION whether its the "send midi note" or "program change" etc... each one can only be a set midi channel, and the foot pedal can send 5X program changes (so therefore on 5 different midi channels if you want) 2X control change messages, 2 Expression pedal messages (cos theres 2 expression pedals ha ha) and BINGO (but Boo hiss gah that theres only one) ONE MISERABLE note message... but thats fine... we only have ONE EDP ... right???

SO lets set the midi channel for NOTE.

1. Hold down the DOWN pedal while you power the pedal up (now we are in GLOBAL SETUP)
2.Is the Green Direct Select Button lit? If not press pedal 10 (Lets not worry what this does, who cares eh??) the Green light is on...
3.Press pedal 10 (This is the pedal for NOTE selection) The MIDI CHAN LED lights up, while the number in the display starts to flash
4. Choose the midi number you want (the one that the EDP is set to) by using the expression pedal 1.
5. Press UP pedal to confirm
6. Press Down pedal for MORE than 3 seconds to exit Global mode.

Then we program the pedals... and yes this takes time...

1) First Select the pedal you wish to program. 6 for example is my RECORD button (little tricky to press... yes.. but out of the way so i dont do it accidentally)
2) Press the DOWN button for longer than 3 seconds (enters pedal programming mode)
3) We are now in "Switch mode", which we dont give a shit about so... PRESS UP to continue...
4)  We are now where we want to be. Are there any pedals lit up? Press and HOLD to switch them on or off.
5) We want Pedal 10 lit (for a NOTE function), but all the others off.
6) Now we press Pedal 10 quick, it starts to blink.
7) Press UP to confirm that you wish to Re program this pedal, and the number display starts to flash.
8) Use the Expression pedal to choose YOUR RECORD (or whatever) button number, remember 2 plus your Source # offset number, mine is 38
9) UP to confirm
10) Long press of DOWN to leave programming area.

Now program all your other EDP functions, and remember if you want a bank set aside for changing your Presets THEN you will use Program Change numbers NOT NOTE numbers.

Voila!!

mark francombe
marks website is at www.markfrancombe.com
He writes for www.furthernoise.org
and works at www.transformlearning.com
i Tunes: BUY MY MUSIC AT
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=184310747
 thank-yoo

MIDI Vir tualButtons

Note Source# Function Short descriptions

C 0 ParameterButton Virtually presses the Parameter Button

C# 1 empty

D 2 RecordButton Virtually presses the Record Button

D# 3 OverdubButton Virtually presses the Overdub Button

E 4 MultiplyButton Virtually presses the Multiply Button

F 5 InsertButton Virtually presses the Insert Button, depends on InsertMode

F# 6 MuteButton Virtually presses the Mute Button

G 7 UndoButton Virtually presses the Undo Button

G# 8 NextButton Virtually presses the Next Button

A 9 ReplaceButton Virtually presses the “Replace Button”

A# 10 SubstituteButton Virtually presses the “Substitute Button”

B 11 InsertOnlyButton Virtually presses the Insert Button, regardless of InsertMode

C 12 SpeedButton Virtually presses the “HalfSpeed Button”

C# 13 ReverseButton Virtually presses the “Reverse Button”

DirectMIDI

Note Source# Function Short descriptions

offset

D 14 SUSRecord Sustain Action Record

D# 15 SUSOverdub Sustain Action Overdub

E 16 SUSRoundMultiply Sustain Action Rounded Multiply

F 17 SUSRoundedInsert Sustain Action Rounded Insert

F# 18 SUSMute Sustain Action Mute

G 19 ShortUndo Immediately execute the ShortUndo function (Undo to end)

G# 20 SUSNextLoop Sustain Action NextLoop (NoteOn = NextLoop, NoteOff = PreviousLoop)

A 21 SUSReplace Sustain Action Replace

A# 22 SUSSubstitute Sustain Action Substitute

MIDI Command List

Continued

Reference - MIDI Control 7-5

B 23 SUSToggleReverse Sustain Action Reverse

C 24 SUSToggleSpeed Sustain Action HalfSpeed

C# 25 Reset Immediately reset current loop

D 26 GeneralReset Immediately reset all loops

D# 27 Exit Parameters Exit Parameter editing and return to Play state

E 28 SUSUnroundedMultiply Sustain Action Unrounded Multiply

F 29 SUSUnroundedInsert Sustain Action Unrounded Insert

F# 30 SUSMute-Retrigger Sustain Action Mute-Retrigger (NoteOn = Mute, NoteOff=Retrig.)

G 31 LongUndo Immediately execute the LongUndo function

G# 32 Forward Go into Forward

A 33 Reverse Go into Reverse

A# 34 FullSpeed Go into FullSpeed

B 35 HalfSpeed Go into HalfSpeed

C 36 SamplePlay Immediately restart the loop and play once

C# 37 ReTrigger Immediately restart the loop and play forever

D 38 ReAlign Restart the loop at next Global MIDI StartPoint

D# 39 MuteReAlign Immediately Mute and restart the loop at next Global MIDI StartPoint

E 40 QuantMIDIStartSong Wait to next Local Loop StartPoint and then send a StartSong

F 41 MuteQuantMIDIStartSong Immediately Mute, then wait to next StartPoint and send StartSong

F# 42 StartPoint Set the StartPoint to the current spot in the loop

G 43 QuantStartPoint Wait to next Global MIDI StartPoint and then set the local StartPoint there

G# 44 BeatTriggerSample Mute and wait for BeatSync, then trigger loop to play once. Repeated BeatSyncs

retrigger the loop.

A 45 MIDIBeatSync Virtually send a BeatSync pulse by MIDI

It has removed 8803 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!