RE: Why contemporary music sounds terrible

 >> This is my current favorite "radio"  <<

I have three sony cd-jukebox things at home, each with 400 discs. faced with so little prospect of finding time to enjoy the fruits of my avaricious purchasing, I bought a thing called a "slingbox", & hooked two of the machines up to it, so that they crossfade/shuffle from my collection, totally at random. then I pointed an old dv camera at the front of them so I can see what they're doing. thus, I can see & hear my own cd collection being played 24/7, wherever I can get on the internet. sadly, it only supports one user at a time,but one day I might have the web chops to stream the buggers properly & publish a link. folks ask me why I don't just get an i-pod or something similar- I guess I'm just old-fashioned.

today the randomiser seems to be fixated on king crimson, the smiths & sonic youth. yesterday it was yes, bob dylan & hawkwind. all that's missing is a friendly knowledgable voice every now & then, but there are some bill hicks recordings in there, so.....

duncan.