Re: What do you think is necessary in order to have an excellentcomposition?

Krispen Hartung wrote:
> "X is red" and "X is Good" are entirely different. One we can
> verify, the other is empty.

Unfortunately language is sometimes used in an unprecise way. Depending
on the context "X is good" can imply an empty meaningles statement, or
is just short for "I like X and think its good, look at it, you might
come to the same conclusion". If Krispens says "X is good" (Which he
would only do in a context where the other part can't missunderstand it)
I would replace it with the long sentence. If a virtuoso guitar teacher
says Al DiMeola is a better guitar player than me adding "Thats what I
call a good guitarist", I'd understand it as a comparison of technical
skills etc...
And if you listen to the collection of "Thats what I call music", you
know that statement is just meaningless bullshit, though its stated as a
personal view of things --- its obviously not...

Yes Krispen I totally agree to your view, I just added some examplesof
how all the confusion can come up...
I'd consider Wittgenstein a good reading on the topic as well...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------