Re: Mobius / EDP -Settings

Per Boysen schrieb:
> On 21 nov 2006, at 01.42, Dirk Wilbert wrote:
>
>> Hello Per,
>> I'm referring to the "Play" function in Mobius.
>
> Yes of course. I'm not very familiar with what exactly it does. I only
> use a chosen set of commands in Mobius and Play is not among them.
>
>> I think it would normally be used after having pressed Mute or Pause
>> before - but there seems to be no difference to pressing Mute or
>> Pause again. So I think it can be omitted and I don't have to spend a
>> dedicated button on my controller for this function.
>
> Good point!
>
>> Pressing "Play" doesn't retrigger the loop (if already playing),
>> maybe there is an option for this I haven't found yet.
>
> What I remember from reading the Mobius manual long ago is that Play
> stops any process right away and kicks Mobius back into just playing
> back whatever is looping. I memorized that because I thought it could
> be useful but truth is I haven't got back on it yet after more than a
> year ;-)
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> www.boysen.se (Swedish)
> www.looproom.com (international)
> http://tinyurl.com/fauvm (podcast)
> http://www.myspace.com/looproom

Thank you, Per.
For now I'm happy with the current setup. Will try it that way for a
couple of days and then think about improvements. Maybe it's the final
version?!
I did some "research" and found the "Tech21 Midi Moose"-thread - was
quite impressed by the complexity of your controller assignments for
Mobius and the way you handle it (inspired me to try my
PocketDial-Controller with Mobius).
Besides technology, there were some really interesting thoughts about
the approach to making music in this thread.

Dirk