Re: Mobius / EDP -Settings

Jeff Larson schrieb:
> From: Dirk Wilbert
>
>> Hi, I have found "Pause" in the online documentation but not in
>> Mobius... so I upgraded to 1.29 (was on 1.24 before) - now there is a
>> Pause function but Mobius won't start recording any more ;-)
>> Which version do you use?
>>

> The concept of "stop" in Mobius can have several meanings:
>
>   1) Stop playing, and erase the loop (Reset)
>   2) Stop playing, but continue advancing the loop (Mute)
>   3) Stop playing, and resume from the same location (Pause)
>
> What were you trying to do?  Pause is like pause on a CD player (or
> tape deck for the elderly), it temporarily halts the playback of the
> loop, then when you unpause it resumes playing from the same location.
> You have to use Pause again to get out of pause, just pressing Record
> may not be enough.  If that is what you want I can add that to the
> feature list.
>
> Jeff

Hello Jeff,
I was trying to do the third one > "Pause". As I used (and still use)
the Digitech Jamman Looper before, I was confused because I didn't find
a "Stop"-function. I think I have to get into this "other kind" of
looping, which was sometimes called "delay-like" here on the list.
Mobius (and the EDP) offer a lot of functions; I want to use the "right
ones" in my setup (for instance, does anybody use "Play" or is this the
concept of a "delay-like" looper, that it is alway playing...?)

I added "Pause" to the list - thank you for your advice. Until now I
didn't think of reset as a "stop mode", although I already used it that
way.

Mobius is now recording again; had to switch from ASIO to the MME-Driver
of my soundcard. Unfortunately I can't remember which one I was using
with 1.24 ...

The current setup:

Button 1: Record
Button 2: Pause
Button 3: Overdub
Button 4: Mute
Button 5: Reset
(trying to keep some physical space between the buttons for the
'destructive' functions Record and Reset and the often used Overdub button)

external footswitch 1: Undo (ten steps)
external footswitch 2: Redo (one step)
(have to figure out how this works in combination with overdubbing; keep
loosing orientation at the moment)

external pedal 1: Feedback
external pedal 2: Output Level

Dirk