RE: Guitar Rig 2 as looper or looper feed?

From: mark sottilaro [mailto:zerocrossing2001@yahoo.com]

> Is the controller worth it, or should I stick to a
> different controller (my audio interface seemed to
> work great)

One thing you have to be careful of with these integrated
hardware/software combos is that the hardware often serves as the
audio interface as well as a control surface for the software.  For
guitar modeling you always want to use an ASIO driver with the audio
interface to get the lowest latency.  But an application can only open
one ASIO device at a time.  This means that if you already have a
multi-channel audio interface you can't use it and the Rig Control at
the same time.  The Rig Control is only a 2 in 2 out interface, so if
you want to record more than one source independently, or want to have
more than one stereo out (for outboard processing, surround, etc) it
won't cut it.  If you're not using it for the audio interface,
it is a relatively pricey MIDI controller though it is cute and small.

Jeff