Re: Bidule/EnergyTX/Audiomulch

Hi Per,

You're exactly right, initially I had way overloaded my cpu and couldn't
run anything! The thing to do here is to use a module called audio
switcher
which is connected to your midi pedal. This enables you to select which
chain you want to use. Then in the paramaters you have to select the
output
processing mode of the audio switcher and link it to the mode of each vst
in that chain. Once you've done that when you select a chain of effects
the
other chains are switched off and on your screen have a red circle with a
line through it to show that chain is off. There is a good tutorial at
http://www.mts.net/~mathers/q1_live.html that explains with pictures the
whole process.

I had to add one more step to that tutorial and insert a program change
filter on the line between my midi input and the audio switcher so that I
could operate mobius without inadvertantly changing my vst chains.

Once I had this all laid out I've only had to tweek it a bit but I've been
very happy with the results. I generally only have 3 or 4 effects in a
chain, but some of them already have multiple effects running as in guitar
rig or freeamp2 and those are quite cpu intensive. I found the chain with
classic eq followed by freeamp is using about 29% while the chain running
classic eq, psp vintage warmer, classic chorus, classic delay is running
at
about 12%
of course mobius is running all the time after these effects as all my
chains are routed into a mixer module and then through mobius before going
back into my audio card output.

I found that tutorial on this website
http://www.mts.net/~mathers/FAQ_Index.html it has quite a few different
tutorials. The biggest problem with Bidule for me has been the lack of
really clear instructions on how to go about various layouts. I think for
somebody who already has experience working with midi layouts there are
great possibilities here, but a lot of it is just over my head.

best of luck with it,

Paul Haslem
Ontario, Canada
www.dulcify.ca