Re: Bidule/EnergyTX/Audiomulch

On 2 nov 2006, at 05.31, paul wrote:

>  In Bidule I have 12 chains of effects that I can select from with
> a midi foot pedal.

Hi Paul,

Very interesting. Would you mind explaining a little more how you
manage that without overloading the computer's CPU? If you have 12
chains with each of them containing maybe a dozen VST plug-ins I
guess you have set up a way to keep the plug-ins in mute mode except
for when their parent chain is activated by your food pedal - right?
Are you stuffing the VST plug-ins together as a Bidule Group and then
muting and unmuting that group? LIke each "effect chain" equalling a
Group?

It would be interesting to hear from your experience of how much the
CPU load goes down when keeping plug-ins loaded but muted. This
knowledge is kind of essential for those who still consider
eventually going into Bidule.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)