Re: [LOOP] Re: Attitudes to instruments/loopers (Derek Bailey)

>> And so from such minimalistic beginnings, yada gabba hey.  But in any
>> event I had to wonder if others using effects, vsts etc had thought of
>> the fact that one is playing everything in the signal path at times.
>> Does this only involve when one is seeking a deliberate result?

I consider all my effects 'playable' as anything with a knob is fair game.
I've gotten some weird results by turning the patch selection knob on my
Adrenalinn run through a looper.  Just the process of playing with my
effects turns up interesting results, unfortunately, I'm usually so 'into'
what I'm doing, that I forget what I did and it's gone into the ether.
Hopefully, it's been recorded so I can play with THAT later. :)

I haven't mastered any of my effects/loopers, so doing something
deliberate
is, uh, well... intermittent at best. Maybe to my detriment, but it's
always
an interesting ride while I'm experimenting.

So, I guess I'm on the side that doesn't look at loopers having
limitations
or lack of features, I just use them for what they do have.  It's just
another tool with given parameters.  I guess in the same way I like having
several different guitars and synths and not a Variax or an all-in-one
synth.  ya know?

Tony