Re: Attitudes to instruments/loopers (Derek Bailey)

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "a k butler"
> <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
>
>> It struck me too that this applies to looping, there seem to be a
>> lot of loopers who want their looping gear to perform in certain
>> pre-defined ways, and not many who are not tempted to experiment/
>> improvise with the looping device itself.

That seems reasonable to me. I heard that around ten percent of a
population (and this doesn't just apply to humans) are "improvisors",
"explorers", or whatever you call them. Those curious souls who keep
destroying things to "see what's inside" but on some rare occasions
come up with very good solutions that are being copied by the other
individuals and made part of the culture.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)