Re: FlyLooper & market potential

 > The average guitar player gigs at home, where their PC lives.

Look, this discussion is going off in about 4 different directions.
Let's go back to the original topic.

Aaron is writing a software looper, and presumably wants to make
money selling it.  Instead of supporting MIDI like practically every
other piece of music software in the world, he was going to build his
own custom footswitch that would only work with his software.

Many, if not most, of the people that are going to be interested in
this looper don't want another friggin' footswitch.  Not supporting
MIDI, at least as an option, is insane.  If in addition to MIDI
support, you think you can build a custom footswitch and sell it for
around $50, then hey, have fun.    But if you go much beyond that
you're competing with several general purpose MIDI controllers.

I don't know.  Maybe there is a huge untapped market of computer
musicians willing to shell out $200 for a software looper.  Personally,
I think that would be just dandy :-)  But I think the enthusiasm
displayed
for such things by members of this list is not be the best indicator
of the
size of that market.

Jeff