Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [LOOP] OT -- A GUITARISTS SECOND WORST NIGHTMARE

I won't hesitate to echo the urgency of Get Your Hand Treated Properly - but I cannot agree with holding the UK's National Health up as a beacon for anything but negligence and waste.  They spend most of the money they skive off the public purse on high salaries for executives, and wasted something like £400m last year alone.  The whole thing's a bureaucracy so big one can hide behind it, and claim "it was someone else's job".  They almost killed me TWICE due to careless (and later stupidly defensive) medication - only saved by the fact that my wife was with me and kept on them to just do their bleeding jobs; and the negligent staff at the NHS killed my mother-in-law this past November, via the just-shoot-her-up-and-walk-away-so-who-cares method (Midazolam, administered without telling us, she was dead in 16 hours, supposed to be given with a crash cart ready in case of shock, and there was nobody with her when she died).  We now understand that an awful lot of elderly folks don't come out of the hospital in the UK, a statistic that's just coming to the surface.  And that's without MRSA, a problem caused by a lack of hygiene on the part of cleaners and nurses (though they were quick to put up these alcogel wash-up stations for everyone to use, as if dirty hands were the problem, an attempted projection on US when it's THEM causing the cleanliness problem through their own sloth).  The NHS is a disaster just beginning to emerge, and lots of people are still trying to hold it up like some kind of medical standard (is Hillary Clinton still stupidly doing this?).

So if you're in the UK try to stay healthy and Stay Out Of The Hospital - or if you do have to go, take someone of an advocate with you, in case they screw it up again and kill you by mistake.  Sorry, had to say this.

Stephen Goodman

It has removed 15834 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!