Re: BAY AREA new music scene:

Title: Re: BAY AREA new music scene:
At 11:00 AM -0400 4/9/06, bruce tovsky wrote:
On Apr 9, 2006, at 1:43 AM, David Gans wrote:

Hey, I'm in Oakland.  Where are these people hanging out and playing?

i played a show in december at 21 grand, really nice warehouse-style
space with a good sound system. the music curator there, sarah lockhart,
has great taste - fred frith and other well known names have played there.
i did a show with kim cascone there and we had a great time, a cd will soon
be released of that show. i also recommend the luggage store gallery in
SF, matt davignon and friends put on some great shows there, and it's also
a fantastic place to perform.
cheers
bruce

Thanks, Bruce!

--

David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com
Truth and Fun, Inc., 484 Lake Park Ave. #102, Oakland CA 94610-2730