getting midi into sooperlooper?

was wondering if someone could tell me what I am missing.
I can't seem to get midi into sooperlooper as an audio unit plugin in
ableton live5
I have tried using the midi patchbay program but I am lost as to where
in sooperlooper itself I tell it where the midi is coming from. i.e.
there is usually a select miidi source or port. But I cannot find this
anywhere. I have stared at it now for an hour.
I am simply trying to use my fcb1010 to control sooperlooper in live.
Or just control sooperlooper in general, but can't find the midi
preferences in it to select the source, I can find the midi section to
learn command/note etc. but not the overall input.

any help would be great
geoff