Re: Looperlative LP1 - sample rate

> (that I was not involved with) where they switched between sine and
> square waves of about 15K, the difference between these two would be
> the addition of an additional frequency well above 20K and the subjects
> could here the difference.

Ronan-

There are other much more complex sounding differences between square and
sine wave.  Boot up any analog synth and see for yourself.  Basically a
square wave at any frequency contains all frequencies at varying levels.
Doesn't make much sense, but its true.  A sin wave contains exactly one
and
only one frequency.

I would be willing to bet that since a square wave contains all
frequencies,
it excites all kinds of resonances - in the headphone speakers, in the
amplifier, in the air next to the ear, and everything in the body.  A sin
wave will only excite things which resonate at that frequency.  What
you're
hearing in a 15KHz square wave are those resonances as well as the
fundamental 15Hz signal - those resonances can be at any frequency, and
could have lots of resonances within the human hearing range.

Jon